Discount Shipping Storage and Logistics Network
Updated: April 24, 2020
Doing business with Discount Shipping Storage and Logistics Network (“DSSLN“) may involve providing information about you. To enrich our Members' experience, some personally identifiable information may be displayed. At www.dssln.com (the “DSSLN Website“), we take your privacy very seriously – and you have control over how your information is collected, used, and disclosed.
DSSLN maintains strict customer information privacy policies and uses state of the art technologies to safeguard customer information and communications from unauthorized intrusions. DSSLN also recognizes that the growth of on-line services has created additional privacy concerns, particularly for consumers.
Online privacy concerns focus primarily on the protection of “personally identifiable” information which an individual or other customer reasonably expects to be kept private. As the term suggests, “personally identifiable” information is information that when associated with an individual identifies that individual, for example, a customer’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or credit card number.
- This policy does not apply to confidential or proprietary information which is covered separately under DSSLN’s Confidential Information Protection Policy.
Information Collection and Use
- It is possible to use the Logistics and Supply chain search engine and watch and listen to most of the videos and music on the DSSLN Website without having a DSSLN account (“DSSLN Account” or “DSSLN Membership“).
- Certain of the DSSLN Services activities, like uploading content, posting comments, flagging content, using DSSLN Management Applications, or watching or listening to restricted content require a DSSLN Account.
- DSSLN collects personally identifiable information when you register for a DSSLN Account, when you use certain DSSLN products or services, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. DSSLN may also receive personally identifiable information from DSSLN's business partners.
- Once you register with DSSLN and sign in to the DSSLN Services, you are not anonymous to us. When you register with DSSLN, we ask for your name, email address, birth date, gender, postal code, occupation, industry, and personal interests (the “Registration Information“). All other information you provide upon registration or otherwise post on the DSSLN Website is done so voluntarily.
- Any personally identifiable information, or video or audio content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your profile pages, etc.) may become publicly available and may be collected and used by others.
- DSSLN may collect personally identifiable information from you should you choose to participate in activities such as sweepstakes, contests, and surveys, because you want us to furnish you with products, services, newsletters, or information, or in connection with content or suggestions you submit to DSSLN for review
- DSSLN automatically receives and records non-personally identifiable information on the DSSLN server logs from your browser including your IP address, DSSLN cookie information, and the page you requested. (User IP addresses are recorded for security and monitoring purposes.)
- DSSLN determines the purposes of collection, use, and disclosure of the Registration Information you provide and, as such, is considered the data controller of this information. Because the Member, not DSSLN, determines the purposes for which Profile Information is collected, used, and disclosed, DSSLN is not the data controller of Profile Information that Members provide on their profile.
- DSSLN uses information for the following general purposes:
- to customize the advertising and content you see on DSSLN pages and otherwise provide you with personalized services,
- to fulfill your requests for certain products and services,
- to protect you and/or DSSLN from error, fraud and unauthorized access and use,
- to improve DSSLN's services,
- to allow you to have the ability to identify and familiarize yourself with other DSSLN Members and partners,
- to conduct research, and
- to contact you about specials and new products or for service announcements or administrative messages relating to DSSLN.
Information Sharing and Disclosure by DSSLN
- DSSLN will not sell, trade, rent, or otherwise disclose to third parties any personally identifiable information derived from the registration or use of a DSSLN product or service.
- DSSLN will not share personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people except when:
- we have your consent to share this information;
- we need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- we need to share the information with companies who work on behalf of DSSLN to provide a product or service to you. (Please know that whenever we share your personally identifiable information with DSSLN's trusted business partners, they work under confidentiality agreements. Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- we reasonably believe it is necessary to share personally identifiable information:
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or
- for risk management purposes;
- we are required to disclose personally identifiable information by reasons of a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process or in the case of imminent physical harm to the customer or others, or
- to establish or exercise DSSLN's legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- when you register for a DSSLN Account, your registration information and other data may be transmitted to the other countries for processing and storage by DSSLN and its affiliates and may be subject to the legal jurisdiction of these countries.
- To enrich the community experience, DSSLN displays certain Member Profile information, including Company contact information, pictures, etc.
- If DSSLN includes your name and/or any other personally identifiable information in a directory or webpage that DSSLN creates from information we receive as an on-line service provider, DSSLN will provide you the opportunity to have your information excluded from that directory. Business directories that DSSLN creates may, however, contain information obtained from other sources.
- DSSLN may enable Members to voluntarily publicly display some Registration Information as an element of their Profile Information if they choose to do so via a profile setting under “Edit Profile.” To locate other DSSLN Members you may already know in the physical world, DSSLN allows Users to search for Members using publicly displayed Registration Information (i.e., full name or email address).
- DSSLN allows Users to browse for publicly available Profile Information (e.g. schools and/or companies where Users may have attended or worked) in order to help connect with Members.
- Search engines may also index the portion of a Member’s profile (including the Profile Information it contains) that is publicly displayed.
Cookies, Web Beacons and other Usage Data
- When you access the Internet, the computers that host web sites you visit (“web servers”) automatically receive some anonymous information. This “usage data” may include a record of which pages a web browser has visited. The DSSLN Website servers receive usage data when customers visit www.dssln.com and other DSSLN websites, and when DSSLN Users visit other sites as well. DSSLN and its advertisers may use various kinds of software devices to collect information about Internet use.
- Small files called “cookies” may be attached to your Web browser and your computer.
- DSSLN will not use information about your activities on the Internet together with any information that identifies you without your consent.
- We do not link the information stored in DSSLN's cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on the DSSLN Website.
- You may be able to configure your browser to accept or block all or some cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Note though, disabling cookies may mean that we won't be able to provide certain products or services, which may be of use to you.
- In addition, DSSLN and its advertisers may use small bits of code called “one-pixel gifs,” or “clear gifs” embedded in some web pages, to make cookies more effective.
- A pixel tag is a tiny image inserted in a webpage and used to record the number and types of views for that page. DSSLN may allow third party pixel tags to be present on the DSSLN Website for the purposes of advertising, providing services or data and statistics collection.
- DSSLN will not associate the information these software devices collect with your name or e-mail address.
- Advertising presented on the DSSLN Website may be delivered by DSSLN or one of DSSLN's advertising partners.
- To provide customized advertising for products and services they believe may be of most interest to you, other companies presenting advertisements may set and access their own cookies on your computer.
- The advertising companies may also receive some anonymous information about advertisement viewing by Internet users on DSSLN web pages and other Internet sites. This information may be associated with a customer’s web browser, but cannot be associated with a name or e-mail address without the customer’s permission. (This means that advertising companies may know where your computer goes on the Internet, but they don’t know who you are unless you tell them.)
- DSSLN does not supply customer identifiable information to advertising companies or to individual advertisers or other third parties and advertisers do not have access to DSSLN's cookies.
- DSSLN also uses “web beacons“ to access DSSLN's cookies inside and outside the DSSLN Website and in connection with DSSLN products and services.
Links & Third Party Applications
- DSSLN may provide, and the DSSLN Website may contain links to other websites. Although we strive to only link to websites that share DSSLN's high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or practices employed by other sites.
- Third-party applications (such as widgets) created by third-party developers may also be available on the DSSLN Website. Third-party applications are small bits of software, often with interactivity, that can be installed into Members’ profiles or shared with other Users. DSSLN does not control third-party developers and cannot dictate their actions. When you engage with a third-party application, you are interacting with the third-party developer, not with DSSLN. DSSLN encourages you to not provide personally identifiable information to the third party unless you know the third-party with whom you are interacting.
Editing and Deleting Registration/Account Information and Preferences
- You have the right to access, verify, and update your DSSLN Registration Information, Profile Information, and Preferences at any time, including whether you want DSSLN to contact you about specials and new products.
- You may modify or remove any of your personally identifiable information (exclusive of your User Name) at any time by logging into your DSSLN Account and accessing features such as “Edit Profile“.
- If you no longer wish to receive updates or notifications from DSSLN or one or more of DSSLN's advertising partners, simply uncheck the appropriate boxes under the “Send me DSSLN updates and information” heading in your Email Notification Settings.
- Upon such choice, DSSLN (a) will not contact you directly with marketing messages about DSSLN and its products and services, and (b) will not use personally identifiable information obtained from your registration for or use of the DSSLN Website or any of the DSSLN Services to contact you with marketing messages about any DSSLN products or services.
- If you wish to receive updates or notifications but want to limit how such messages are delivered to you, you may choose limit receipt of such messages to e-mail, regular mail and/or telephone.
- DSSLN honours requests from Members to review all personally identifiable information maintained in reasonably retrievable form, including but not limited to such information as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and/or billing information, and will correct any such information which may be inaccurate. Members may also verify that appropriate corrections have been made.
- You may request deletion of your entire DSSLN Account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Member's Account Settings page (You will be asked to verify your password and confirm your choice to terminate you Account).
Note: Not allowing us to use certain information may mean we won't be able to provide certain products or services which may be of use to you.
Confidentiality and Security
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personally identifiable information and we use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard personally identifiable information and credit card information in DSSLN's possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
- In addition, DSSLN uses reasonable methods to make sure that personally, identifiable information is accurate, up-to-date, and appropriately complete.
- In order to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under DSSLN's control, DSSLN's database resides behind firewalls.
- We limit access to personally identifiable information about you to employees who, as part of their job, we believe need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you.
- We have taken preventative measures to restrict access to sensitive data and to detect and prohibit certain connections and operations by unauthorized users.
- While DSSLN's measures exceed industry standards, no claim is made as to the impenetrability of the system under unusual circumstances or its resilience to future attacks.
- In the event that you believe that your personal safety is at risk or if you believe that you may be the victim of identity theft or other illegal conduct, please contact the appropriate federal, provincial or local law enforcement agencies directly.
DSSLN will not read or disclose to third parties private e-mail communications that are transmitted using DSSLN services except as required to operate the service or as otherwise required or authorized by law.
- DSSLN will inform you of any changes we make by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your DSSLN Account and/or by posting a prominent announcement on DSSLN's Home Page.
Questions or Suggestions
- If you have questions, concerns, or suggestions about DSSLN, the DSSLN Website, or any DSSLN products or services, please feel free to contact us.
Additional Privacy Protections for Children Using the Internet
- DSSLN recognizes that children, including young teens, may not be able to make informed choices about personally identifiable information requested on-line.
- DSSLN and the DSSLN Website does not target children or teenagers (younger than eighteen years of age) for collection of information on-line. DSSLN does not solicit or collect personally identifiable information targeted at children and/or teenagers under eighteen and does not allow anyone else to do so, on any DSSLN Website web pages.
- In addition, on product or service related DSSLN web pages, DSSLN will encourage children and teenagers under eighteen to seek the guidance and consent of their parents before providing any information about themselves or their households to anyone on the Internet.