Safety Advisor

safety advisor wantedFull-time Regular
Office / Site visits may be required

Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Safety Advisor will be responsible to provide safety support and services to our hauling group in the Ontario region. Duties include, but are not limited to, driver training, evaluations, and support of the performance management program, regular customer site inspections, incident prevention, emergency response, incident, and accident investigation and reporting. This Safety Advisor will spend up to 85% of their time each week in the field working alongside our professional truck drivers and customers. The remaining 15% of their time will be spent in the office completing the various administrative tasks required to support the work in the field and maintain the high level of attention to safety we’ve built into our company culture.

The Field Safety Advisor will be a key resource in ensuring we continue to maintain a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, contractors, and clients. Working as part of the Health & Safety Team, the Field Safety Advisor will provide key safety support to all projects and functions within the business to ensure full Health and Safety compliance internally and within our Clients and Regulatory requirements.


  • Three years’ related safety experience in the transportation industry
  • Overnight travel to various sites required
  • Ability to be on call to attend to incidents that occur
  • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality
  • Proficient written communication skills to accurately articulate the events, results, and investigation of incidents to both internal and external audiences
  • Knowledge of the transportation industry and its operation with knowledge of a variety of commodities including petroleum products and other dangerous goods is considered an asset
  • Proficient in a Windows system environment
  • OH&S Certificate or courses is considered an asset
  • Knowledge of the dispatch system, TMW is an asset


  • Formal Education in Occupational Health and Safety and/or Risk Management
  • 3-5 years’ experience with construction/project safety experience
  • Strong organizational, coaching, communication and interpersonal skills
  • A demonstrated desire for personal growth
  • Self-motivated team player with a strong commitment to improving health and safety performance
  • Ability to travel and visit project sites depending on location
  • Valid driver’s license
  • Formal Safety Designation. Minimum of NCSO designation (CRSP preferred)

Special SKILLS (Move you to the front of the line)

  • Strong customer service skills
  • Strong organizational skills
  • Team player
  • Problem-solving
  • Proper scan and load techniques
  • Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of customer focus, communication, collaboration, trust and self-development


  • Competitive hourly rates, and salaries
  • Shift premiums and bonuses were applicable
  • Flexible work arrangements


  • Referral program available for every successful hire (certain conditions do apply)
  • Amazing corporate culture and a family like atmosphere
  • Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
  • Employee retirement programs and incentives including an RRSP/DPSP program, scholarships, and other opportunities for your children
  • We value your ideas and feedback and give you every possible opportunity to affect positive change
  • We have an uncompromising commitment to safety, quality, and lead by example

This position will be posted until such time that a suitable candidate is hired.

Our client is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.

Applicants for this position will be required to operate a company vehicle and as such will need to produce proof of valid driver’s license and current driver’s abstract. External applicants that are being considered for this position may be required to submit to a pre-access medical, drug screen and criminal record search.