Do you own your own equipment? Want help keeping the wheels rolling and the trailer full? Our clients are looking for reliable Owner Operators to handle various routes across the country. Some routes do require driver teams.
Be your own boss; own and operate a flexible business operation and partner with some of the top companies in the industry. We offer opportunities to increase revenue and deliver promises to customers in your contracted route area.
The POSITION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pick-up and delivery of customer packages in High Level
- Ability to meet and maintain service requirements.
- Load and unload own vehicle.
- Perform additional pick-ups and deliveries as required.
- Accurate completion and daily submission of required documentation.
- Build positive relationships with both internal customers (Purolator managers, employees, dispatch, and other contractors) and external customers.
- Responsible for hiring relief driver to cover absences.
The INDIVIDUAL and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possess a valid Driver's License at all times
- Possession of liability insurance and all other licenses as required by law and company specifications.
- Valid WCB registration and coverage for Owner Operator and Relief Driver.
- Must supply own vehicle and maintain appearance and operation at highest industry standards.
- Must possess a valid Dangerous Goods Handling Certificate.
- Ability to pick-up and deliver all packages associated with the route, area or as required.
- Complete a criminal record check.
- Must meet and maintain standards set by corporate.
- Must for certain clients maintain a membership with operating Unions.
Special SKILLS (Move you to the front of the line)
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with others
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proper package handling techniques
COMPENSATION & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rates, and salaries
- Shift premiums and bonuses were applicable
- Flexible work arrangements
- Referral program available for every successful hire (certain conditions do apply)
- Amazing corporate culture and a family like atmosphere
- Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
- Employee retirement programs and incentives including an RRSP/DPSP program, scholarships, and other opportunities for your children
- We value your ideas and feedback and give you every possible opportunity to affect positive change
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety, quality, and lead by example
This position will be posted until such time that a suitable candidate is hired.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants for this position will be required to operate a company vehicle and as such will need to produce proof of valid driver’s license and current driver’s abstract. External applicants that are being considered for this position may be required to submit to a pre-access medical, drug screen and criminal record search.