Discount Shipping Storage and Logistics Network
Data Protection Policy
Updated: October 14, 2008
Doing business with Discount Shipping Storage and Logistics Network (“DSSLN“) may involve providing information about your business that is proprietary or of a confidential nature. At www.dssln.info (the “DSSLN Website“), we understand the need for ensuring the security and confidentiality of this information and we take this very seriously.
DSSLN maintains a strict confidential information protection policy and uses state of the art technologies to safeguard customer information and communications from unauthorized intrusions. DSSLN also recognizes that the growth of on-line services has created additional privacy concerns for consumers and for businesses.
Confidential information focus primarily on the protection of “proprietary or business information” that our customers reasonably expect to be kept private. As the term suggests, “proprietary or business information” may be data used in the monitoring and control of a business and may include but not be limited to: Credit information, Fleet information, routing information and any other information that may be used by a business on a day to day basis.
What this Confidential Information Protection Policy Covers
- This policy applies to any business or corporate information that may be considered of a confidential or proprietary nature. Confidential information means any information disclosed to by one party to the other, either directly or indirectly in writing, orally or by inspection of tangible or intangible objects, including without limitation documents, business plans, source code, software, documentation, financial analysis, marketing plans, customer names, customer list, customer data. Confidential Information may also include information disclosed to a party by third parties at the direction of a Disclosing Party. Confidential Information shall not, however, include any information which DSSLN can establish (i) was publicly known and made generally available in the public domain prior to the time of disclosure; (ii) becomes publicly known and made generally available after disclosure through no action or inaction of Receiving Party; or (iii) is in the possession of Receiving Party, without confidentiality restrictions, at the time of disclosure by the Disclosing Party as shown by Receiving Party’s files and records immediately prior to the time of disclosure. The party disclosing the Confidential Information shall be referred to as “Disclosing Party” in the Agreement and the party receiving the Confidential Information shall be referred to as “Receiving Party” in the Agreement.
- This Protection Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that DSSLN does not own or control or to people that DSSLN does not employ or manage, including without limitation, any DSSLN affiliates or business partners.
Information Collection and Non-disclosure
- DSSLN agrees not to use any Confidential Information for any purpose except to evaluate and engage in discussions concerning a potential business relationship between the parties hereto. Receiving Party agrees not to disclose any Confidential Information to third parties or to its employees, except to those employees who are required to have the information in order to evaluate or engage in discussions concerning the contemplated business relationship. DSSLN shall not reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile any prototypes, software or other tangible objects which embody the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information and which are provided to DSSLN hereunder.
Maintenance of Confidentiality Information
- DSSLN agrees that it shall take all reasonable measures to protect the secrecy of and avoid disclosure and unauthorized use of the Confidential Information. Without limiting the foregoing, Receiving Party shall take at least those measures that Receiving Party takes to protect its own most highly confidential information and shall have its employees, if any, who have access to Confidential Information sign a non-use and non-disclosure agreement in content substantially similar to the provisions hereof, prior to any disclosure of Confidential Information to such employees. DSSLN shall not make any copies of Confidential Information unless the same are previously approved in writing by the Disclosing Party. DSSLN shall reproduce the Disclosing Party’s proprietary rights notices on any such approved copies, in the same manner in which such notices were set forth in or on the original. DSSLN shall immediately notify the Disclosing Party in the event of any unauthorized use or disclosure of the Confidential Information.
Return of Confidential Materials
- All documents and other tangible objects containing or representing Confidential Information and all copies thereof which are in the possession of DSSLN shall be and remain the property of the Disclosing Party and shall be promptly returned to the Disclosing Party upon the Disclosing Party’s request.
Term of This Agreement
- This Agreement shall survive indefinitely from the date of disclosure of the Confidential Information and can only be overridden after a written consent by both parties.
- This Agreement shall bind and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Toronto, Ontario, without reference to conflict of laws principles. This document contains the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. Any failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver thereof or of any other provision hereof. This Agreement may not be amended, nor any obligation waived, except by a writing signed by both parties hereto. Any and all disputes arising under or related to this Agreement shall be adjudicated exclusively in Toronto, Ontario.