Heavy Equipment Driver
Our clients haul many different types of commodities and freight including various liquid and dry bulk commodities such as anhydrous ammonia (NH3), asphalt, fuel, grains, fertilizers, and propane. They also move boxes, furniture, people and paper.
There is a recognized shortage of good drivers and there are multiple openings for Seasonal, Rotational, and Full-Time Professional Truck Drivers in many areas across the country.
DSSLN has immediate openings that need to be filled and we pay competitive wages, benefits, and offer a great work environment.
The POSITION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for transporting customer freight in an effective and efficient manner
- Complete deliveries and pick-ups in both urban and rural locations as assigned
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Manual usage and handling of a pump truck
- Tailgate experience an asset
- Work various hours (morning, afternoon or overnight) as required
- Ability to solve problems as they arise while on road
- Build positive relationships with both our internal and external customers (dispatch, colleagues, managers)
- Comply with all Corporate Policies and Procedures
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Maintain punctual attendance
- Shunt Duties as assigned
The INDIVIDUAL and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver's License: Class ( Class AZ, Class 1, etc))
- Clean Driving Abstract
- Must successfully pass written & road test(s)
- Must successfully pass Defensive Driving course
- Must successfully pass Courier Methods training course
- Ability to read maps; Good sense of geographical direction
- Must be able to handle LTL freight and skids
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 70 lbs.
- Successfully complete a criminal record check and employment verification to qualify
- Obtain a clear Police Clearance Certificate when required
Special SKILLS (Move you to the front of the line):
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proper scan and load techniques
- Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of customer focus, communication, collaboration, trust and self-development
COMPENSATION & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rates, and salaries
- Shift premiums and bonuses were applicable
- Flexible work arrangements
- Referral program available for every successful hire (certain conditions do apply)
- Amazing corporate culture and a family like atmosphere
- Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
- Employee retirement programs and incentives including an RRSP/DPSP program, scholarships, and other opportunities for your children
- We value your ideas and feedback and give you every possible opportunity to affect positive change
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety, quality, and lead by example
This position will be posted until such time that a suitable candidate is hired.
DSSLN is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants for this position may be required to operate a company vehicle and as such will need to produce proof of valid driver’s license and current driver’s abstract. External applicants that are being considered for this position may be required to submit to a pre-access medical, drug screen and criminal record search.