Our client is looking to hire some general labour for their warehouses’ facilities. Activities may include loading and unloading trailers, cleaning trailers, packing orders, and other tasks as they may arise.
The ideal candidate must be very safety conscious and know proper lifting techniques for freight that may weigh up to 70 lbs per box. Additional responsibilities may include printing labels, various data entry, and scanning tasks and the use of pump trucks to lift and move skids of freight.
The POSITION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unloading and sorting freight
- Preload up to 5 trucks while pulling assigned freight off the conveyor belt
- Build positive relationships with the team (couriers, lead hands and sorters)
- Working with conveyor and roller belts, inside trailers, cargo containers, and package vehicles
- Accurately scan, count the number of stops on a truck and write all premium products while loading
- Adhere to all safety standards
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
The INDIVIDUAL and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proper scan and load techniques
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in a time sensitive environment
- Experience in a warehouse environment an asset
- General knowledge of the Castlegar area an asset
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Attention to process, quality and/or operational standards
- Successfully complete a criminal record check and employment verification to qualify
- Obtain a clear Police Clearance Certificate when required
Special SKILLS (Move you to the front of the line)
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Team player
COMPENSATION & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rates, and salaries
- Shift premiums and bonuses were applicable
- Flexible work arrangements
- Referral program available for every successful hire (certain conditions do apply)
- Amazing corporate culture and a family like atmosphere
- Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
- Employee retirement programs and incentives including an RRSP/DPSP program, scholarships, and other opportunities for your children
- We value your ideas and feedback and give you every possible opportunity to affect positive change
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety, quality, and lead by example
This position will be posted until such time that a suitable candidate is hired.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
External applicants that are being considered for this position may be required to submit to a pre-access medical, drug screen and criminal record search.