Our client is seeking a warehouse manager to run their facility at the west end of the city. The warehouse manager is responsible for managing all the day-to-day operations of the warehouse including but not limited to; staff scheduling, receiving, shipping, pick & pack operations, forklift teams and general maintenance of the racking and warehouse equipment.
The POSITION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate employee performance against established objectives
- Provide direction, leadership, and encouragement to employees to enable them to meet their performance expectations and terminal targets
- Deliver necessary training and coaching to enable employees to meet performance expectations.
- Assess employee ability to meet compliance regulations and ensure all necessary training is delivered to meet employees’ needs.
- Execute key activities in the employee lifecycle to manage direct report employees (Including employee recruitment, promotion and termination activities, etc.)
The INDIVIDUAL and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Perform on-the-job supervision with all staff to ensure compliance and job standards are met
- Perform regular driver certification within the terminal
- Track the operating metrics and financial performance of services within the unit on a weekly and monthly basis for submission to the District Manager.
- Plan, coordinate and manage business operations in the unit to achieve their operating metrics and financial goals.
- Perform resource allocation, workload assignment, and schedule management to optimize day-to-day operations
- Plan, coordinate and manage vehicle utilization and vehicle failures together with Fleet Management
- Co-chair terminal Health and Safety committee
- Promote an interdependent safety culture and adherence to safety policies within the respective terminals, ensuring high quality and low risk
- Audit the couriers according to the operations reports, telematics, on-road support, and fuel management
- Identify and resolve issues and potential problems related to accidents, spills, roadside inspections, and citations
- Conduct injury and accident investigations and necessary follow-ups, and implement necessary corrective measures
- Verify the appropriate hours of work of employees and authorize appropriate payroll
- Apply collective bargaining agreement and labour relations understanding in all operational and employee-related decision making
- Influence terminal labour relations discussions by providing the District manager, and HR with the necessary information needed
- Represent and model Purolator’s values and culture in the management of the terminal
- Establish and Implement effective and efficient operating policies and procedures
- Continuously identify and drive opportunities for improvements within their terminal, utilizing lean principles and methodology
- Partner with internal departments namely HR, H&S, LR, Finance, sales, retail, payroll, engineering to ensure compliance, build capability and facilitate the customer experience
- Ensure the effective and efficient resolution to all customer issues and ensure all work efforts aim at providing outstanding customer services
Special SKILLS (Move you to the front of the line)
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Manage a group of 1-40 employees; unionized experience
- Driver Certification experience
- Experience in safety leadership
- Warehouse & Transportation Experience
- Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of customer focus, communication, collaboration, instill trust and self-development
- Energetic Leader with strong motivation skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to coordinate a wide variety of duties and responsibilities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Present a professional and positive image
- Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of communication, innovation, change management, relationship building, and leadership
COMPENSATION & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rates, and salaries
- Shift premiums and bonuses were applicable
- Flexible work arrangements
- Referral program available for every successful hire (certain conditions do apply)
- Amazing corporate culture and a family like atmosphere
- Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
- Employee retirement programs and incentives including an RRSP/DPSP program, scholarships, and other opportunities for your children
- We value your ideas and feedback and give you every possible opportunity to affect positive change
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety, quality, and lead by example
This position will be posted until such time that a suitable candidate is hired.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
External applicants that are being considered for this position may be required to submit to a pre-access medical, drug screen and criminal record search.