Office / Warehouse / Yard / On the Road
Our client is searching for a training specialist. Training programs may include but are not limited to employee skills development, team building, internet search, and research skills, as well as training for all of the core job descriptions within the business.
Our client has a very diverse group of employees from many different countries with varying degrees of language skills. French and English fluency is a huge plus.
The POSITION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively consult with customers to identify learning and development (L&D) requirements and recommend effective solutions that support performance and business objectives
- Participate in business meetings and stay current on objectives and challenges of customers
- Continuously expand personal knowledge in the business and L&D
- Understands training trends and technologies
- Help employees acquire, maintain, and improve their skills for current and future roles
- Develop, coach, audit, and sustain an optimal network of certified workplace trainers (WPTs)
- Consult with stakeholders to develop performance improvement interventions aligned with business goals
- Set up training plans to strengthen employees’ existing skills in support of performance management activities
- Deliver management and personal development programs
- Lead social learning initiatives to complement training and foster knowledge sharing
- Plan, organize, direct, track, and evaluate a wide range of training activities
- Identify training needs
- Communicate a monthly calendar of training activities for customers
- Execute training delivery plans for corporate initiatives and new implementations
- Maintain accuracy of records in the Learning Management System (LMS)
- A course owner, maintaining the accuracy and effectiveness of training material
- Evaluate training effectiveness to ensure that the training delivered is accurate, relevant, and aligned with organizational goals and strategies
- Partner with L&DC, content owner, and developer to update or revamp courses when required
- Use creativity and leverage technologies to make programs more accessible, more holistic, and less costly.
The INDIVIDUAL and QUALIFICATIONS:
- L&D terrain knowledge
- Knowledge of Purolator’s processes and operations
- Writing skills
- MS-Office skills
- Customer focus
- Problem-solving/analytical thinking
- Communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Demonstrate responsibility in developing self. Continuous Learner
- Presentation and facilitation
- Knowledge in adult learning principles
- Building relationships
- Coaching skills
- Instructional design skills
- Planning and prioritization
- Adaptable and capable to succeed in ambiguity
- Energetic and positive
- Project Management (an asset)
Special SKILLS (Move you to the front of the line)
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player
- Project management certification
- Fluency in other languages including Tagalog, Portuguese, Italian, etc.
- Familiarity with most scanning and sorting technology.
COMPENSATION & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rates, and salaries
- Shift premiums and bonuses were applicable
- Flexible work arrangements
- Referral program available for every successful hire (certain conditions do apply)
- Amazing corporate culture and a family like atmosphere
- Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
- Employee retirement programs and incentives including an RRSP/DPSP program, scholarships, and other opportunities for your children
- We value your ideas and feedback and give you every possible opportunity to affect positive change
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety, quality, and lead by example
This position will be posted until such time that a suitable candidate is hired.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
External applicants that are being considered for this position may be required to submit to a pre-access medical, drug screen and criminal record search.