Our client is seeking retail staff to work in their retail branches in Ontario and Manitoba. This position is mostly a Monday to Friday job but weekend shifts may be necessary on occasion.
This position does require a lot of lifting and standing during the workday. An unpaid 30-minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks are scheduled into the shift.
The POSITION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working on various programs on the computer
- Resolution of problem shipments, returns
- Dealing with customers/contact centers via phone
- Scanning/sorting/moving freight in and around the department
- Assisting the retail staff and other clerical staff when required
- Processing damages, retape packaging and completion of any necessary documentation.
- Tracing shipments for customers
- Other duties (as assigned)
The INDIVIDUAL and QUALIFICATIONS:
- PC literate
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic, well groomed
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- High level of attention to detail
- Able to work within strict time deadlines
- Able to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
Special SKILLS (Move you to the front of the line)
- Strong customer service skills
- Team player
- Proper scan and sorting techniques
COMPENSATION & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rates, and salaries
- Shift premiums and bonuses were applicable
- Flexible work arrangements
- Referral program available for every successful hire (certain conditions do apply)
- Amazing corporate culture and a family like atmosphere
- Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
- Employee retirement programs and incentives including an RRSP/DPSP program, scholarships, and other opportunities for your children
- We value your ideas and feedback and give you every possible opportunity to affect positive change
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety, quality, and lead by example
This position will be posted until such time that a suitable candidate is hired.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
External applicants that are being considered for this position may be required to submit to a pre-access medical, drug screen and criminal record search.