Our client is looking for a talented Material Handling Engineer. The purpose of this position is to provide intermediate technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects and evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a small set of moderately difficult assignments.
The POSITION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Engineering and Operational projects that require MHE in Canada and US (if required).
- Employ standard engineering practices as well as industry best practices to develop optimum MHE solutions to address H&S, capacity and productivity opportunities.
- Lead the development and implementation of innovative MHE solution to address ergonomics issues
- Develop, implement and manage multiple projects providing realistic and accurate timelines, resource requirements and activity plans.
- Support continuous improvement efforts in standards development, MHE process improvements, documentation.
- Provide technical training and support to field and operations personnel on equipment operation, maintenance and safety.
- Support resolution of equipment inspection deficiencies, support preventative maintenance activities, support growth initiatives that require MHE.
- Initiatives will also include leading the search for, testing of and implementation of new technologies.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the organization.
The INDIVIDUAL and QUALIFICATIONS:
- College degree in a related technical field
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience, preferably with material handling equipment (MHE)
- Strong project management skills
- Strong competency with Autocad, Microsoft suite and Power Point
- Ability to effectively implement change and enhance a team-based culture within a unionized environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of MHE safety related codes (CSA Z432, Canadian electrical code, ASME B20.1, etc) is an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset, very good spoken and written English is mandatory.
- Previous experience with managing contractors and supporting MHE installations is an asset
Special SKILLS (Move you to the front of the line)
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player
- Problem solving
- Advanced Computer Skills
- Self Starter with Advanced Communication Skills
COMPENSATION & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rates, and salaries
- Shift premiums, and bonuses were applicable
- Flexible work arrangements
- Referral program available for every successful hire (certain conditions do apply)
- Amazing corporate culture and a family like atmosphere
- Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
- Employee retirement programs and incentives including a RRSP/DPSP program, scholarships, and other opportunities for your children
- We value your ideas and feedback and give you every possible opportunity affect positive change
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety, quality, and lead by example
This position will be posted until such time that a suitable candidate is hired.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Travel between multiple facilities may be required. External applicants that are being considered for this position may be required to submit to a pre-access medical, drug screen and criminal record search.