Our client is seeking a Material Handler who will be Reporting to the Material and Transloading Supervisor. The Material Handler is primarily responsible for the day to day operation of the Operation that includes the offloading of fuel for our drivers into the tank farms
This position is a seasonal position; however, there may be a potential for full-time employment upon completion of our 2019 winter season.
The POSITION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loading fuel and offloading fuel to and from super B tank trailers
- Completion of office paperwork
- Minor maintenance and general facility upkeep duties
- Assisting drivers as required on-site
- Other duties as assigned
The INDIVIDUAL and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Class 5 driver’s license with reliable transportation to work
- Excellent computer skills
- Previous experience in a similar role and capacity to perform manual labour
- Mechanically inclined
- Safety conscious approach to all job duties
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Monday to Friday day shift; however occasional weekends.
- Willingness to work both day and night shift during our winter road season.
- Resident of Yellowknife
Special SKILLS (Move you to the front of the line)
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player
- Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of customer focus, communication, collaboration, trust and self-development
COMPENSATION & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rates, and salaries
- Shift premiums and bonuses were applicable
- Flexible work arrangements
- Referral program available for every successful hire (certain conditions do apply)
- Amazing corporate culture and a family like atmosphere
- Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
- Employee retirement programs and incentives including an RRSP/DPSP program, scholarships, and other opportunities for your children
- We value your ideas and feedback and give you every possible opportunity to affect positive change
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety, quality, and lead by example
This position will be posted until such time that a suitable candidate is hired.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants for this position will be required to operate a company vehicle and as such will need to produce proof of valid driver’s license and current driver’s abstract. External applicants that are being considered for this position may be required to submit to a pre-access medical, drug screen and criminal record search.