Office / Travel may be required
Our client is seeking a Loss Prevention Assistant Manager. Reporting to the Divisional Manager, Security and Loss Prevention this position will support national account customers by providing loss prevention strategies to reduce loss and damage claims, conduct audits and provide reports to customers to identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
This position will be required to analyze national damage trends and loss claims, prevent and mitigate loss and damages through education, investigation and observation of shipment handling at both the employee and customer (Retail) level. This position will also be required to conduct loss prevention briefings at crew meetings.
The POSITION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct Customer Packaging Compliance and Piece count audits
- High loss customer reviews claims history, analysis reviews, reports and recommendations
- Conduct investigations/interviews as required
- Conduct Policy and Procedure compliance audits
- Assess current security protocols and make recommendations
- Investigate and report non-compliance issues
The INDIVIDUAL and QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years progressive Loss Prevention and investigation experience
- PCI or CPP certification preferred or in progress.
- Sound knowledge of Company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of investigative techniques and ability to use various loss prevention and security equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Independent self-starter, and takes the initiative.
- Detail oriented, possessing strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to coordinate a wide variety of duties and responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
Special SKILLS (Move you to the front of the line)
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong problem solving skills
- Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of customer focus, communication, collaboration, trust and self-development
COMPENSATION & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rates, and salaries
- Shift premiums, and bonuses were applicable
- Flexible work arrangements
- Referral program available for every successful hire (certain conditions do apply)
- Amazing corporate culture and a family like atmosphere
- Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
- Employee retirement programs and incentives including a RRSP/DPSP program, scholarships, and other opportunities for your children
- We value your ideas and feedback and give you every possible opportunity affect positive change
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety, quality, and lead by example
This position will be posted until such time that a suitable candidate is hired.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants for this position may be required to operate a company vehicle and as such will need to produce proof of valid driver’s license and current driver’s abstract. External applicants that are being considered for this position may be required to submit to a pre-access medical, drug screen and criminal record search.