Our client a leading integrated freight, package and logistics solutions provider is seeking drivers for their courier division. Their team operates under a strong set of corporate values that guide them in everything that they do. They are an employer that is committed to offering their employees rewarding work with opportunities for collaboration and career development. They offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Benefits Package and Pension Plan, an Employee Family Assistance Program, Employee Shared Ownership Program and Employee Discounts.
They believe that developing a winning team of employees is critical to achieving their vision of making Canada stronger by delivering on their customers’ promises every single day. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of a national organization that plays a meaningful role in the lives of all Canadians.
The POSITION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pick-up and delivery of customer’s shipments in an effective and efficient manner
- Able to cover open runs as assigned by Manager
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Responsible for managing daily delivery and pick-up schedules as assigned
- Ability to solve problems as they arise while on road
- Build positive relationships with both our internal customers (dispatch, colleagues, managers) and external customers
- Comply with all Corporate Policies and Procedures
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Maintain punctual attendance
- Other Duties as assigned
The INDIVIDUAL and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid non-probationary Driver’s License
- Clean Driving Abstract
- Must successfully pass written & road test(s)
- Must successfully pass Defensive Driving course
- Must successfully pass Courier Methods training course
- Ability to read maps; Good sense of geographical direction
- Courier methods training and/or work related experience
- Proper scan and load techniques
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 70 lbs.
- Successfully complete a criminal record check and employment verification to qualify
- Obtain a clear Police Clearance Certificate when required
Special SKILLS (Move you to the front of the line)
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player
- Problem solving
- Proper scan and load techniques
- Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of customer focus, communication, collaboration, trust and self-development
COMPENSATION & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rates, and salaries
- Shift premiums, and bonuses were applicable
- Flexible work arrangements
- Referral program available for every successful hire (certain conditions do apply)
- Amazing corporate culture and a family like atmosphere
- Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
- Employee retirement programs and incentives including a RRSP/DPSP program, scholarships, and other opportunities for your children
- We value your ideas and feedback and give you every possible opportunity affect positive change
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety, quality, and lead by example
This position will be posted until such time that a suitable candidate is hired.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants for this position will be required to operate a company vehicle and as such will need to produce proof of valid driver’s license and current driver’s abstract. External applicants that are being considered for this position may be required to submit to a pre-access medical, drug screen and criminal record search.