Our client is seeking a Warehouse and Building Maintenance Supervisor that will be responsible for the overall safety and operation of the facility, including materials storage areas and any temporary transloading operations where applicable. The position will also take the lead on the general upkeep and maintenance of the corporate head office as well as all satellite facilities. The successful applicant will be moving from an existing supervisory role and should have experience managing a minimum of 5 staff and subcontractors.
This is a key role within the company. This role requires the candidate to be responsible for the maintenance of all mechanical equipment to ensure it remains in good operating condition. This will be done htrough thorough inspections and coordination of maintenance on equipment including, but not limited to, oil/filter changes, pump seal replacements, alignment of rotating equipment, greasing of bearings and motors, servicing rail unloading arms/hoses, removal/install truck loading hoses, cleaning of pump/compressor suction strainer, minor valve repairs (packing and repair kits), minor pump repairs (bears, seals, impellers), assist with safety valve maintenance (removing and replacing) during calibrations.
The POSITION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure all direct reports are competent in all areas of responsibility scope.
• Manager employee schedules with a focus on overtime control and ensure timely submissions to payroll.
• Monitor, coach and provide day-to-day direction to all staff.
• Maintain standards of quality control of customer products.
• Increase operating efficiencies within the warehouse and yard.
• Continuous focus on improving site cleanliness and organization.
• Provide safety leadership to the warehouse and yard.
• Hiring, training, coaching and performance management as required.
• Investigate causes of damaged product, materials, equipment or injury to employees.
• Active member of the Health & Safety Committee.
• Conduct competency assessments, and safety inspections in the field and on job sites
• Assist in on and offloading where required.
• Operation of flatbed trailer and equipment transfers.
• Ensure loading and unloading schedule is kept on track for both salt and fuel.
• Complete of all administrative duties associated with receiving and loading shipments.
• Positively represent the company in all dealings with carriers, customers, regulators and the public as required.
• Ensure all equipment has been maintained and or lock out for service or repairs.
• Communicate with various departments where necessary and ensure daily operational checks/readings.
• Assist on special projects when required.
• Conduct checks of ALL facilities to ensure general maintenance of the sites. Includes all building, structures, grounds, scales, fuel island, equipment, etc.
• Make recommendations on the needs for purchasing equipment required.
• General day-to-day maintenance, upkeep, organization and cleanliness of facilities and equipment including grounds.
• Ensure truck scale is free of debris and in working order.
• Coordinate with maintenance to ensure equipment is properly and adequately maintained including daily, preventative and major repair work (e.g. all hose repairs done by outside party).
• Ability to be on-call as required
• Other duties as assigned
The INDIVIDUAL and QUALIFICATIONS:
• Formal similar experience necessary; minimum of 3 years
• Class 1 driver’s license required
• Hands on approach and ability to work outside in various weather conditions
• Will require the formal knowledge and understanding of specialized skills including an emphasis on product handling and specialized equipment
• Ability to operate heavy equipment including railcar mover
• Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse management, and transportation management
• Takes ownership of work responsibilities
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
• Considers safety their top priority
Special SKILLS (Move you to the front of the line)
• Ability to work in an SAP environment
• Ability to complete and file all shipping documents, manifests, and government forms.
COMPENSATION & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rates, and salaries
- Shift premiums, and bonuses were applicable
- Flexible work arrangements
- Referral program available for every successful hire (certain conditions do apply)
- Amazing corporate culture and a family like atmosphere
- Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
- Employee retirement programs and incentives including a RRSP/DPSP program, scholarships, and other opportunities for your children
- We value your ideas and feedback and give you every possible opportunity affect positive change
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety, quality, and lead by example
This position will be posted until such time that a suitable candidate is hired.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants for this position will be required to operate a company vehicle and as such will need to produce proof of valid driver’s license and current driver’s abstract. External applicants that are being considered for this position will be required to submit to a company paid pre-access medical, drug screen and criminal record search.