Our client is seeking an administrative assistant to manage the office, supervise staff and handle duties for upper management. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team.
The ability to multitask, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
The POSITION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage workflow by assigning tasks to other administrative employees daily, ensuring that deadlines are met and work is completed correctly
- Assist in training staff members and new hires
- Implement and monitor programs as directed by management, and see the programs through to completion
- Generate memos, emails, and reports when appropriate
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment, including computers, copy machines, and fax machines
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory and order items
- Respond to questions and requests for information
- Answer incoming calls and assume other receptionist duties when needed
The INDIVIDUAL and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
Special SKILLS (Move you to the front of the line)
- Strong research skills
- Strong typing and data entry skills
- Familiarity with basic computerized accounting applications.
- Comfortable using smartphone technology.
COMPENSATION & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rates, and salaries
- Shift premiums and bonuses were applicable
- Flexible work arrangements
- Referral program available for every successful hire (certain conditions do apply)
- Amazing corporate culture and a family like atmosphere
- Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
- Employee retirement programs and incentives including an RRSP/DPSP program, scholarships, and other opportunities for your children
- We value your ideas and feedback and give you every possible opportunity to affect positive change
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety, quality, and lead by example
This position will be posted until such time that a suitable candidate is hired.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
External applicants that are being considered for this position may be required to submit to a pre-access medical, drug screen and criminal record search.