Discount Shipping Storage & Logistics Network is expanding and requires a Benefits Program Coordinator to provide guidance/assistance to all DSSLN employees, retirees, and group members with access to the program.
The Benefits Program Coordinator will serve as a Resource in the Benefits function.
They will assist employees with any Employee Benefits related issues or concerns, including insurance claim issues, pension, leave, disability, etc. They will also serve as a point of contact for retirees regarding any benefits questions or issues. They will Provide Benefit training to all employees and group members. They will also be responsible for the regular day to day operation of the benefits department.
The POSITION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist employees with questions related to Benefits offerings, (Insurance, Pension, Leave, etc), as well as any issues or concerns with active benefits such as claims, etc.
- Assist employees as needed with claims and be a point of contact for LTD assistance.
- Be a resource to all employees during Annual Enrollment each year by assisting employees with their enrollment as well as providing any necessary educational sessions.
- Provide annual training around Benefit offerings to employees including organizing training from outside vendors.
- Assist employees with the retirement process; also provide training to current employees on potential retirement benefits, assist retirees with any benefit issues
- Provide New Hire Orientation as it relates to Benefits
- Responsible for a portion of Workday workflow including processing new hires, any personal data changes and bank changes
- Responsible for processing annual hourly uniform allowance disbursement
- Maintain ISO Training Matrix and Records
- Assistance with Program administration
- Other duties as assigned.
The INDIVIDUAL and QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2 year Associates Degree in Business or Related field. In lieu of, a degree will consider 5+ years of benefits experience within the HR field.
- 3 + years of experience working in Employee Benefits within the HR field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills dealing with memos, letters, postings, etc.
- Excellent work attendance
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Google docs/sheets/drive
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new computer software skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with all levels within the company. Ability to deal with emotional situations with tact and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
Special SKILLS (Move you to the front of the line)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Related Field
- Provincial Life Licensed
- Provincial Mutual Fund Licensed.
- Experience in a manufacturing/supply chain environment.
- Experience with processing claims
- Experience in ISO document keeping
COMPENSATION & Benefits
- Competitive hourly rates, and salaries
- Shift premiums and bonuses were applicable
- Flexible work arrangements
- Referral program available for every successful hire (certain conditions do apply)
- Amazing corporate culture and a family like atmosphere
- Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
- Employee retirement programs and incentives including an RRSP/DPSP program, scholarships, and other opportunities for your children
- We value your ideas and feedback and give you every possible opportunity to affect positive change
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety, quality, and lead by example
This position will be posted until such time that a suitable candidate is hired.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
External applicants that are being considered for this position may be required to submit to a pre-access medical, drug screen and criminal record search.